If you have lost your original PAN card and want it to be reissued, then you should know about the process. This post deals with the re-issue of the PAN card and NOT in change of any detail. But the process for both is almost the same. If you want to change some detail in your previous PAN card data with the Income Tax Department, then you may check the appropriate section in Step 5 and proceed. The process is almost the same for the Re-issue and Modifying existing information in the PAN Card. Moreover, the online process is easy and faster than standing in long queues. It saves you a lot of time and effort. The payment can be done using Net-banking, Debit card or Credit Card.
1. Open the link – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
2. You will be presented with a page with the following links
a. Online Application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data – We need to click this.
b. Do’s and Don’ts for PAN Change Request Application
c. Important Instructions and Guidelines at a glance
3. An instructions page pop’s up where you can go through the points. Goto the page end.
4. You need to select the “Individual” option from the list of dropdown and press “Select” button to proceed.
5. Fill up the web form and while filling this form, applicant should not select any of the check boxes on the left margin of the form. However, the check box for Item no. 7. Address for communication will be selected by default as this address will be updated in the records of Income Tax Department, India
6. Print acknowledgement and attach proofs
7. Send to NSDL
Now you have to wait for the email of the dispatch of PAN Card. You can also track your existing request for PAN card on the same link – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
Hope this information helped you. Please do share your views in the Comments section below.